Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

2/6/14 - Waiting for an Updraft

I thought I'd caught an updraft a few days ago, but I didn't achieve the "liftoff" I'd been hoping for. I've been dragging my feet all day today, trying to take some photos of customs I've completed so they can be listed on Ebay and DeviantART and such, but I keep getting distracted. Reading news articles, refreshing Facebook, listening to NPR stories... Even when I step away from the computer, I just find myself snacking on cookies and watching cartoons with the baby. Not exactly mom of the year material here.

Feelings of hopelessness and halfhearted wishes of nonexistence drift in and out throughout the day. I'm just floating here, waiting for something. If you weren't such a piece of shit, I hear myself, you'd be making something happen.

The S.O. keeps nagging me, that I should keep a mood journal. And I really should be writing more. So here we are, killing two birds with one stone. This is just about tracking my mood, so don't expect Shakespeare. Because I'm not expecting an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment