Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2014

4/9/14 - Do Something

I went to bed later and got up later again. Late enough I felt guilty.

Though today was my and my S.O.'s 9 year anniversary, so after he got home and my mom cooked dinner, she agreed to watch the baby while we went out. We got shakes and took a while figuring out what we wanted to do, since there wasn't much we were interested in doing. We ended up going to see a movie in an empty theater, which turned out to be great. I actually really like going to the theater, but my S.O. hates the crowds, but on a Wednesday night it was dead - there was literally not a single person in the theater with us. Plus, the movie was actually really good.

After the movie, I've felt a bit more energized. For some reason, I kind of want to write again. I have been feeling like giving up for days. But today, it occurred to me that if I felt like giving up anyway, I might as well "give up" by doing the thing I'm so afraid of failing at doing.... It's not making much sense as I try to explain it here, but it makes more sense in my head.

I've also had some emails going with a project I stuck my head in a few weeks back, the Sunday Assembly (basically an atheist church). Perhaps that will turn into something to get me active. Sometimes I just feel like I need other energized, like-minded people to give me momentum. Just need to know other people care about the things I want to do, that those things make a difference in other people's lives. Sometimes it feels like that's all I need to get myself back on my feet.

I got kind of bored with my computer game anyway and haven't been playing much. Not even with my AFK farms. I miss doing things. Even if it feels impossible to get myself moving right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment